I am currently interested in the WARP threads in a weaving - the ones which are stretched across the loom or frame top to bottom to hold the WEFT threads - and thinking about them in terms of the things which hold us in life as individuals. In my case these are things like - family, home, God, creativity as examples.
Abraham Maslow (1954) uses a helpful model which I reproduce here from http://www.simplypsychology.org/maslow.html. I hope to refer to this hierarchy in my creative work.
1. Biological and Physiological needs - air, food, drink, shelter, warmth, sex, sleep.
2. Safety needs - protection from elements, security, order, law, limits, stability.
3. Belongingness and Love needs - work group, family, affection, relationships.
4. Esteem needs - self-esteem, achievement, mastery, independence, status, dominance, prestige, managerial responsibility.
5. Self-Actualization needs - realizing personal potential, self-fulfillment, seeking personal growth and peak experiences. ~Jacqui L